Tl;dr — Our users asked for a webhook that could notify them when tests start and finish. Because we’re really good listeners, we built it.
- If you want to get a simple notification when that big, important test is done, you can get it sent to wherever you like — email, Slack, HipChat, carrier pigeon (not really because the pigeon won’t understand the HTTP request)
- This is the first iteration of these notifications, so we plan on improving them soon
(Click image to enlarge)
We’re happy to announce the newest Load Impact feature to make your performance testing life easier: Notifications.
We’ve been having a lot of great conversations with our users lately, and this was one of the most-requested additions to our software.
Now, with a simple webhook, Load Impact users can setup notifications through the medium of their choice to let them know when a test has started or completed.
We’re just getting started with notifications, so there will be more updates soon. If you have questions about notifications or if you just want to chat about life and Load Impact, click the orange button below to contact someone from our Customer Success team.
To add a webhook, follow these steps (check out the Webhooks article on our Support page, too):
- Click your name in the top right of our dashboard
- Select "Organizations"
- Click the wrench icon to the right of the Organization for which you want to receive notifications
- Enter the URL of where you want us to send POST requests
- Click the "Test it" button to make sure it works
- Click the "Update Organizations" button
And if you're a visual learner, check out this sweet gif.
(Click to enlarge gif)